Meran and environs - South Tyrol is the region featuring the most castles in Europe. There are innumerable churches, castles and historic manors which are waiting to be discovered. We will be pleased to assist you in drawing up your daily programme!
The Hotel Saltauserhof tips in Meran and surroundings
- historic city center
- Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle: The Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle are a must during your South Tyrol holiday - a vast areal presenting plants from all over the world, and also typical South Tyrolean landscapes. On a slope above Meran you'll find the Gardens of Trauttmansdorff, the former winter domicile of Austrian Empress Elisabeth, with the Sensual Garden, the Japanese Garden, the cacti and succulent mound, or the cultivated plants from the south such as the olive tree and the grapevine. Our tip: Trauttmansdorff Castle + Thermal baths... make use of both with only one ticket!
- Castles and churches
- differtent museums
- Tappeiner Path: The landmark of the "Garden town" of Meran and one of the most beautiful high-level promenades in Europe leads over the sunny slopes of Küchelberg to Gratsch. In addition to an interesting mix of alpine and Mediterranean plants it also offers a splendid view of the roofs of the city and the entire Burggrafenamt.
- excursions in the mountains
- Bozen, the capital of South Tyrol: Bozen, the capital of South Tyrol, is located only 30 km from Meran. Bozen: the town where Tyrolean and Italian cultures meet! Bozen features Walther Square, the arbours, the Town Theatre, the Museum of Archaeology, the Nature Museum, Runkelstein Castle, the Messner Mountain Museum, and many more opportunities!
To visit around:
- lake Garda
- enjoy a nice in Verona and visit an Opera in the Arena of Verona
- a sightseeing tour in the Dolomites…
- Venice: Canale grande, Piazza Marcus, the glas manufactures in Murano and more...